Sunday, April 26, 2009

WA8-Draft1

WA8-Draft 1

All of you in front of me are now part of the Texas Penitentiary, you are all here because of some mistake you made sometime in your short eventless lives. I am here to let you know about some of the dangers you will face when enter the walls behind me and start you new life as an inmate. This meeting is strictly to inform of dangers so you can live out your time here without incident. I will cover everything from the slang used inside the prison, down to tips for avoid possibly dangerous situations.
First I will cover the slang. I will start with dropping the soap. It is vital that you NEVER EVER drop the soap in the shower. I’m sure most of no what this term means, but for those of you who don’t it involves you, your butt and another man and his “leg.” In the event that you do drop the soap, do not bend over to pick it up, simply squat down bending at the knees at pick up the soap from the shower floor. Weapons and knives are not allowed in prison, but they are always being made from toothbrushes or the plastic food trays that are provided for you. These knives are often called shanks. There is not much I can say about these except for the fact that they are often used in prison fights, and if you are found with one on you your sentence will go up five to ten years.
Gangs play a huge role in prison, and they are often based on race. If you do happen to be persuaded into one of these gangs and are involved in a group fight, you will be expected to help your fellow gang members. If you do not help them and someone sees you, then your punishment will be a severe beating or death. My advice to you would be to avoid gangs completely and keep to yourself most of the time.
I am afraid I am out of time; I hope this meeting has been helpful and informational. I wish you good luck and hope that your experiences make you realize that when you get out you will never want to come back. Thank you again for your time.

No comments: